Looking back at the last ten years, it’s hard to believe how quickly time has passed. I’m entering my 11th year(!!!!) of photographing weddings and I pinch myself every day that I have the ability to make a living doing a job I love and capturing amazing moments for my clients. With the birth of my 2nd son, Cole, in September it became even more apparent that you can’t do it all by yourself. That’s why I am seeking a super-fantastic person who will help me as my business continues to grow and evolve. If you, or someone you love (yes – I know it sounds like a legal services TV ad) might be interested, please take a look at the job posting and inquire within!
Here’s the posting:
Ned Jackson Photography is seeking a studio manager to coordinate the day-to-day logistics of a growing studio on Boston’s North Shore. This is a part-time position with hourly pay and bonus potential.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, personable, self-motivated and hard working problem solver. Most importantly this person needs to be committed to exceptional client service and the overall success of Ned Jackson Photography. A healthy sense of humor and desire to have fun is good too!
- Handle communication with existing and potential clients
- Manage social media marketing and vendor relations
- Prioritize and oversee production timelines
- Manage studio calendar
- Assist in the arrangement of personal and commercial shoots
- Research and develop new initiatives and help drive new sources of revenue
- Highly organized
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proactive and adaptable
- Detail oriented with an emphasis on accuracy and completion of all tasks
- Excellent computer skills and experience with Mac OS and Mail
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop/Lightroom is a plus
If you worked with me this week you might have done the following things:
Answer potential client inquiries and schedule meetings
Research new studio spaces and visit locations
Submit Album orders
Drink one too many lattes
Compose submissions to wedding magazines and online publications
Order printer toner
Research locations and subjects for future photo shoots
Help organize studio digital file structure
Research studio networking configuration
Spread the word!!